Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ms Dynamite defends Bob Geldof

Ms. Dynamite has defended Sir Bob Geldof, following criticism that there are not enough black artists taking part in Live 8.

The star, who is the only black female singer performing at the London Hyde Park gig, thinks that people are forgetting the real reasons why Live 8 is taking place.

"I can see why people have come to the conclusions they have if you look on the surface - but I don’t think the decision was made with any malice," she told The Sun.

"I think the bill reflects our music industry, which is very commercial. As a black artist I would love to see black music in this country a lot bigger.

"But I just really wish people would focus on the actual reason why this event is taking place."

She added, "I'm dying to get out there and see everyone do their thing. I just want to be part of the whole vibe."

No comments:

Post a Comment